The Nebraska Strategic National Implementation Process (SNIP) Task Group Welcomes You
Nebraska SNIP is a collaborative healthcare industry-wide process resulting
in the implementation of standards and furthering the development and
implementation of future standards.
The Nebraska HIPAA SNIP Task Group has been established to meet the immediate
need to assess HIPAA Administrative Simplification implementation readiness
and to bring about the coordination necessary for successful compliance.
- NE SNIP is a forum for coordinating the necessary dialog among industry implementers of
the HIPPA standards.
- NE SNIP will identify industry "best practices" for implementation of HIPAA standards.
- NE SNIP will identify coordination issues leading toward their resolution as industry adopted
- NE SNIP will adopt a process that includes an outreach to current industry initiatives,
an information gap analysis, and recommendations on additional initiatives
- NE SNIP will coordinate local activities with national SNIP activities through the Wedi Corp.
- Promote general healthcare industry readiness to implement the HIPAA standards.
- Identify education
and general awareness opportunities for the healthcare industry to utilize.
- Recommend an implementation
time frame for each component of HIPAA for each stakeholder (Health Plan, Provider, Clearinghouse, Vendor) and identify
the best migration paths for trading partners.
- Establish opportunities
for collaboration, compile industry input, and document the industry "best practices".
- Identify resolution or next steps where there are interpretation issues or ambiguities within HIPAA Administrative Simplification standards and
- Serve as a resource
for the healthcare industry when resolving issues arising from HIPAA implementation.